Now Hiring Trusts and Estate Planning Attorney
Now Hiring Experienced Trusts and Estate Planning Attorney
Trust Counsel, PLLC, is a rapidly growing law firm located in Coral Gables, FL. Our firm has three major practice areas – Estate Planning, Probate and Business Planning. We have a friendly office and a team-based approach to serving our clients. We utilize technology and have established policies and procedures to ensure a smooth workflow and optimal results for our clients. Our new Trusts and Estate Planning Attorney will appreciate our existing structures and be able to bring their skills to refine our systems and procedures.
We also need someone who understands how to communicate directly with clients and provide outstanding customer service. We want to be known for helping our clients come out of an extremely emotional process feeling as though they are a better person, in a better position, and that they had a team behind them that really cared and fought for them.
We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented, frighteningly organized, pleasant to work with, and most importantly has a positive attitude. We want to get our work done as efficiently as possible while ensuring we produce a great work product, so our clients have a fantastic experience working with us.
MUST HAVE PRIOR EXPERIENCE IN SOPHISTICATED TRUSTS & ESTATE PLANNING,
including but not limited to:
- Draft comprehensive estate and gift tax planning structures, as well as corporate transactions, including preferred partnership freezes, Family Limited Partnerships, ILITs, SLATS, charitable lead annuity trusts, intentionally defective irrevocable trusts and tax-free reorganizations.
- Prepare and file Federal Form 706 for Estate and Generation Skipping Taxes, coordinate with clients and service providers (CPAs, Financial Advisors, Insurance Providers) to receive supporting documentation, prepare and file extensions where necessary.
- Prepare and file Form 709 for United States Gift Taxes for transfers to individual donees, gifting trusts, generation skipping trusts, etc. and ensure proper tax treatment with respect to cost basis, lifetime gifting exemptions, and split-gifts.
- Analyze trust and estate planning documents and advise clients with respect to trustees powers and duties, dispositive provisions, beneficiary rights, and tax treatment of distributions.
- Administer individual and family trusts with respect to investment and banking activity, real estate investments including rental properties, corporate and partnership interests and ensure federal and state tax compliance.
- Produce trust/fiduciary accountings for Attorney-Trustees including management of incoming bank statements, identifying and recording income and disbursements in accounting software, and delivering accountings to trust beneficiaries.
- You must have enough experience in Estate Planning, Asset Protection, and Trust Administration to be COMPETENT, CONFIDENT, and mostly AUTONOMOUS in this role. LLM is not required.
- Proficient in / ability to learn new drafting software like WealthDocs; Client Management Software like Clio, etc…
- Must be a member of The Florida Bar
- Bilingual in Spanish Preferred
$150,000.00 – $180,000.00 per year. We pay a base salary plus quarterly bonus based on hours billed. You will also get a percentage of any matter you bring into the firm. IF you already have a book of business, please describe in the cover letter.
You will be a hard-working team player responsible for all aspects of a client’s case including:
- analyzing a client’s situation and strategizing possible solutions,
- drafting and revising complex planning documents,
- communicating directly with clients and other counsel/advisors,
- drafting and advising clients regarding advanced corporate formations and structures,
- managing administration matters from beginning to end,
- managing the staff that reports to you
How To APPLY:
STEP 1: Please submit a cover letter in addition to your resume. The cover letter should include the phrase “I am the one” somewhere.
In the first paragraph describe your prior estate planning experience.
In the second paragraph, explain why you think this job would be a good fit for you and your career goals.
In the last paragraph, state your desired compensation and explain what you bring to the table to justify – we value mature and honest conversations.
STEP 2: Send an email including your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only applications that have followed these basic instructions will be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
About Trust Counsel, PLLC
Our name says it all. We are a boutique firm of qualified attorneys dedicated to helping our clients protect themselves, their families, and their legacy through proper planning. We practice only the areas of family wealth succession: Estate Planning, Asset Protection, Business Succession, and Tax Planning. We know what we are doing. We love what we are doing. We believe in what we are doing.
We are specialized in this area of the law, ethical in our actions, and meticulous in our methods. Doing what is right for our clients is at the heart of what we do. We want the families and entrepreneurial mindsets we represent to live a life secure in the knowledge that their loved ones will be taken care of if anything happens to them – no matter what. At Trust Counsel, it’s our privilege to protect you, your family, and your financial future.
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask any of the Attorneys at Trust Counsel to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.
Take control of your future.
Get the latest news and guidance from Trust Counsel, right to your inbox!