Now Hiring Estate Planning Paralegal
Now Hiring Estate Planning Paralegal
Trust Counsel, PLLC, is a rapidly growing law firm located in Coral Gables, FL. Our firm has three major practice areas – Estate Planning, Probate and Business Planning. We have a friendly office and a team-based approach to serving our clients. We utilize technology and have established policies and procedures to ensure a smooth workflow and optimal results for our clients. Our new Estate Planning Paralegal will appreciate our existing structures and be able to bring their skills to refine our systems and procedures.
We also need someone who understands how to communicate directly with clients and provide outstanding customer service. We want to be known for helping our clients come out of an extremely emotional process feeling as though they are a better person, in a better position, and that they had a team behind them that really cared and fought for them.
We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented, frighteningly organized, pleasant to work with, and most importantly has a positive attitude. We want to get our work done as efficiently as possible while ensuring we produce a great work product, so our clients have a fantastic experience working with us.
This role involves working directly under the estate planning attorneys, both the Managing Partner as well as the Associate/Director of Planning. This team member creates a relationship with the client that starts when they engage the firm and becomes the client’s main point of contact until the conclusion of representation. We are looking for a sharp Client Facing team member.
- Review debriefs and create or review spreadsheets confirming the design/outline and specific instructions for the client’s matter.
- Gather and confirm details and missing information with the client and answer any questions they may have.
- Draft simple or complex Revocable Living Trusts/Last Will and Testaments, Trust Amendments, Will Codicils & Ancillary documents.
- Draft Irrevocable Trusts.
- Draft real estate deeds.
- Draft affidavits.
- Draft Corporate assignments to Trusts and Corporate Acceptances. Provide updated transfer ledgers to reflect changes.
- Create legal diagrams and charts to provide graphical representations of estate plans and corporate structures.
- Review Estate Planning, Kids Protection Plan, and Corporate Black Book Binders before delivery to clients.
- Responsible for filing corporate formations and entity maintenance and renewals.
- Responsible for preparing EIN authorizations, SS4 Forms and obtaining EINs.
- Lead the Signing Ceremony meeting and notarize all executed documents. During this meeting all final fiduciary information is reviewed and confirmed and all client questions are answered thoroughly while refraining from ever giving legal advice.
- Review Asset Spreadsheets and gather necessary information (ex. confirm title of properties, ownership of business interests) to coordinate and conduct Funding Meeting.
- Conduct the Funding Meeting to discuss how to properly title assets/name beneficiaries. Have clients sign self funding acknowledgment.
- You MUST be able to handle working with several different databases of information (Clio, Monday.com, Wealth Counsel, and online portals). One of your most critical and immediate jobs will be to learn, understand and master the systems that have contributed to our success.
- It’s vital that all our clients have the same “Wow!” experience.
- Of course, proficiency with Word Adobe, and Excel is expected; knowledge of Clio, Monday.com, is a plus. You must be comfortable learning other software programs.
- At an absolute minimum, you should have a strong work ethic, common sense/ good judgment, a professional appearance, and a positive demeanor.
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) is a MUST
$52,000.00 – $72,000.00 per year.
How to APPLY:
STEP 1: Please submit a cover letter in addition to your resume. The cover letter should include the phrase “I am the one” somewhere.
In the first paragraph describe your prior estate planning experience.
In the second paragraph, explain why you think this job would be a good fit for you and your career goals.
In the last paragraph, state your desired compensation and explain what you bring to the table to justify – we value mature and honest conversations.
STEP 2: Send an email including your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only applications that have followed these basic instructions will be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
About Trust Counsel, PLLC
Our name says it all. We are a boutique firm of qualified attorneys dedicated to helping our clients protect themselves, their families, and their legacy through proper planning. We practice only the areas of family wealth succession: Estate Planning, Asset Protection, Business Succession, and Tax Planning. We know what we are doing. We love what we are doing. We believe in what we are doing.
We are specialized in this area of the law, ethical in our actions, and meticulous in our methods. Doing what is right for our clients is at the heart of what we do. We want the families and entrepreneurial mindsets we represent to live a life secure in the knowledge that their loved ones will be taken care of if anything happens to them – no matter what. At Trust Counsel, it’s our privilege to protect you, your family, and your financial future.
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask any of the Attorneys at Trust Counsel to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.
Trust Counsel, PL
201 Alhambra Circle, Suite 802
Coral Gables, FL 33134
Phone: (305) 707-7126
Hours: Monday-Friday 9am - 6pm